In the Name of God
Ministry of Science, Research and Technology
Constitution (selected chapters& articles)
"Federation of Iran Bioscience Societies"
Six chapters, nineteen articles and fifty notes
Chapter One–Name & Definition
Article 1) The Federation of Iran Bioscience Societies (FIrBS) has been founded to achieve an effective relationship between scientific societies of the Bio- and Medical Sciences, to promote scientific synergy and to provide a platform to reinforce new interdisciplinary fields and improve education, technology and research in Bio-fields. FIrBS is a private, scientific, non-political and non-governmental organization centered in Tehran and the location and address can be altered by the decision of the board of directors. FIrBS may have branches and representatives all over the country or abroad.
Article 2) The Federation's Missions
- Collaboration in planning and policy making for capacity building and scientific support of Bio-fields, in particular, enhancing the relationships and partnerships among different biosciences and expanding collaboration with other disciplines.
- Scientific fore-sighting and participation in the evaluation for the country's scientific growth and excellence in the field of biosciences and related interdisciplinary sciences.
- Promoting the science, innovation, technology and scientific development as well as communicating at national and international levels to produce, promote, disseminate science, innovation and technology, and exchange point of views in order information to meet the needs of the community in the fields of science Biology and related interdisciplinary sciences.
- Providing coordination and unity among scientific associations while maintaining the independence of member associations.
- Facilitating the connections between the Societies and the country's three branches of government, universities, research centers, national and international associations and other governmental and non-governmental sectors.
Article 3) In order to achieve the objectives set out in Article 2, the FIrBS shall take the following measures:
Members (M-FIrBS): Registered and licensed scientific Bio-associations by the Commission on Scientific Societies of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology (MSRT) or the Ministry of Health and Medical Education (MOHME) with more than one year of their statutory establishment and legal registration. Upon request and with the approval of the Board of Directors of the FIrBS, they may become members.
- Associate Members (AM-FIrBS): all public, governmental and private legal entities which are operating in the related biological fields can join as associate members with the approval of the FIrBS’s board of directors.
- Student Members (SM-FIrBS): All authentic and legally licensed student associations of biosciences can apply for FIrBS student membership with the approval of the FIrBS's board of directors.
- Honorary Members (HM-FIrBS): All (Iranian and foreign) real and legal persons with a prominent scientific status or activities in the biological sciences, or who have contributed effectively to the objectives of the FIrBS, may be eligible for Honorary Membership with the approval of the FIrBS's board of directors.
- International Members (IM-FIrBS): Regional and International scientific associations operating in related Bio-sciences can be accepted as international memberships with the approval of the FIrBS's board of directors.
Article 6) The organizational structure of the FIrBS include the founding board, the general assembly, the board of directors and the inspector (s).
- Founders: Eight scientific societies are known as the founders of FIrBS and were responsible for codification and ratification of the constitution and legal procedures of founding the FIrBS:
- Iran Society of Biophysical Chemistry (ISOBC)
- Iranian Biotechnology Society (IBS)
- Iranian Genetics Society
- Iranian Society of Physiology and Pharmacology
- Iranian Biosafety Society
- Iranian Biology Society
- Iranian Proteomics Society (IPS)
- Biochemical Society of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- General assembly
- Board of directors
- Inspector (s)
Chapter Six–Budget & other
Article 19) The Statute, consisting of 6 chapters, 19 articles and 50 notes, was signed by the founding board of the General Assembly at its meeting dated 10/8/2010.